Today, celebrating World Backup Day, we want to wish all our customers and readers the integrity and safety of their data!
And to ensure your data is safe, follow these industry best practices:
- Make at least 2 copies of important data that will be stored in different places. For example, these copies can be kept in the cloud and on a dedicated hard drive.
- Remember about data protection! If you back up sensitive information, you should encrypt it.
- The frequency of backups is also important. It can be reasoned in accordance with the speed of your data accumulation. For some, it’s enough to save backups once a month, but for someone it’s necessary to do this several times a week.
- Regardless of whether you make a manual or automatic backup, from time to time these files need to be validated (if there are problems with the data in the backup files, but you don’t know about it, then when you need to restore data from it, it may turn out that the backup is corrupted and the data cannot be restored).
Causes of data loss are numerous and various:
- human errors;
- viruses & malware, hackers;
- hard drive damage of formatting;
- software corruption;
- device theft;
- power outages and disasters.
Thus, no matter how irritating the backup process may seem, you must understand its importance and necessity. To develop a good habit, devote some time for this and create a backup schedule in your calendar with automatic reminders.
Happy World Backup Day! Take care of yourself, your loved ones and your data!